On our second day of the training 7 action research groups started exploring the city – visiting memorial sites (the one visible and the ones not so visible), interviewing passers-by, examining different perspectives on the cold war era in Berlin.
Here are some impressions from our activities and some puzzle pieces of the topography of remembrance in this city.
Group 1 – The Airlift Memorial & the Museum of Allies
Group 2 – Stasi Prison Hohenschönhausen
Group 3 – The Stasi Museum, Memorial to the 17. June 1953 Uprising, Federal Ministry of Finance and the Mural
>>> Download: Presentation of Group 3 (PDF)
Group 4 – City Centre West
>>> Download: Presentation of Group 4
Group 5 – Checkpoint Charlie
>>> Download: Presentation of Group 5
Group 6 – German Russion Museum Karlshorst
>>> Download: Presentation of Group 6 (PDF)
Group 7 – Around Alexanderplatz / City East
Here is the skript for our wordpress blog – quite basic, but also containing one or two important things about the usage of this blog.
- Categories – they are structuring this website. Please make sure that you choose the appropriate categories for your articles (training dates, methods, other recourses etc.)
- Media upload – please upload only your own material or material with a creative commons licence. You can can always add a link to other resources (youtube videos, PDFs).
>>> Download PDF.
This section of the blog is all kinds of meta information:
- about country specific information (historical background and memorial sites for instance)
- about theoretical aspects of remembrance
- about thoughts on methodology
This is our method’s blog: to share and discuss background information, links, evaluations and practice examples of non-formal educational methods dealing with stereotypes, rememberance/(his)story telling and so on.