What is migration?
We were divided in 3 differents groups and each group should give his own definition of the term migration.
– Migration it’s a personal or forced decision. It’s a movement of persons with the intension to settle (time) for a motivation(families reasons, the economie , religions, wars,etc…)
– It’s a movement to a new area or a country to find better living or conditions.
– People moving ( forced or voluntarily).
According to the UNESCO, Migration is Crossing of the boundary of political or administrative unit for a certain minimum period of time”.
We have 2 formes of migrations:
- Internal Migration
– territorial movement which does not lead to any change in the social membership (eg. Turism).
– Relocation in which the individualsa or the groups concernerd are purely passive objects (eg. Refugees).
- International migrations
Migration started with the movement of the first human groups from the East Africa to their locations in Europe. We have differents types:
1- Temporary labor migrants (tourists)
2- Highly skilled and business migrants ( for work)
3- Irregular migrants ( clandestins)
4- Forced migrants (refugees).
-It’s a movement of people for one place to another with the intention of new location (temporarily or permanent).
!: Nomadic movements are normally not considered as migration, because they don’t have the intension to settle. E.g. Roma people.
• The temporary movement of people for the purpose of travel, tourism, pilgrimages, etc.. is not regarded as migration.
– Mark on the map all the places where you have been (holidays, tourisms, travel, etc …).
Europe and America remains the continents most sought for migrations.The Principals reasons are:
1. Bad or lack ( of )informations about other part of the world,
2. geopolitical issues,
3. The Lack of financial ressources to explore elsewhere.